[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: m0n0wall Outbound Secure Shell problem
 Date:  Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:12:09 -0500
Confucious say...Never trust a network admin, followed by beligerant
laughter....

Turns out the end point had lock down their firewall to the point of
allowing clients in by source IP. Since over the weekend, when I
installed m0n0wall, our NAT "overload" IP changed, which prevented us
from getting in.

Apparently, they were getting hit with a lot of brute-force attacks.

Thanks,

- Don