[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, maximkh at yahoo dot com, bmah at acm dot org
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Is this nic supported?
 Date:  Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:54:35 -0800
If memory serves me right, Chris Buechler wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:28:53 -0800 (PST), Max Khitrov <maximkh at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> > Yea I found the same post, but perhaps this was fixed seeing as it was
> > back in 2004? Looking at the 5.3 Hardware compatibility list
> > (http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.3R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET) it
> > does list the sk(4) driver along with a number of SysKonnect cards,
> > just not this one.
> >
> > Anyone here think it's worth to try it anyway, or is it pretty much a
> > guaranteed no go?
> >

> Well, the driver is in the m0n0wall kernel.  That post I mentioned is
> a tad old, but that's still post 5.3-RELEASE and b7 is using "FreeBSD
> 5.3-RELEASE #0".  If you don't mind possibly ending up with a NIC that
> you can't use with m0n0wall right now, I say go for it.  Hell it's
> cheap, I'd take one for the team and give it a shot.  :)  Let us know
> how it goes if you do!

I like that attitude.  :-)  (And I mean that in all sincerity.)

I think that at least some of the "issues" alluded to were fixed
post-5.3.  See:

http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/relnotes/5-STABLE/relnotes-i386.html
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ERRATA/notices/FreeBSD-EN-05:02.sk.asc

No idea if the particular card mentioned is supported or not.

Bruce.