[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ed Lentz <elentz at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Port slowdown
 Date:  Fri, 1 Apr 2005 07:06:20 -0500
I have a generic pc setup with Linksys nics, CF, and a old pentium 166
system with 96 meg ram. I have been having a problem with my IP phone. So I
got the network test program from the manufacturer and run it all night. It
simulates a VOIP call. So I get it done and check out the summary of the
testing and find that on the m0n0wall side of the test I frequently have a
slowdown in when the packets get there. I am looking for jitter less than
40ms What I am getting is on the magnitude of ten times that. I have a set
of rules that let in a range of ports for the voip stuff. Anyone have any
thoughts?

Thanks
Ed