[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Richard Parvass" <Richard dot Parvass at aaland dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Accessing internal hosts via external IP
 Date:  Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:56:10 +0100
Please see FAQ: http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-lannat.html

-----Original Message-----
From: David Cavanaugh [mailto:dcavanaugh at thewebpros dot net]
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:13 PM
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

Using iptables we were able to access internal machines via their public
IPs using commands similar to:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $INTERNAL_INTERFACE -d
$EXTERNAL_ADDRESS -j DNAT --to $INTERNAL_ADDRESS

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $INTERNAL_INTERFACE -d
$INTERNAL_ADDRESS -s $DMZ_NETWORK -j SNAT --to $DMZ_GATEWAY

And it worked for years-- no problems.

Now, since I am totally ignorant concerning ipfilter and ipfw, can
anyone unequivocally say that is impossible in m0n0wall?

I'm only curious.

Thanks,

Dave

The information in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and
others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on its contents
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The opinions expressed in this message are that of the sender and not
necessarily those of Aaland Limited. If you have received this e-mail in
error please notify postmaster at aaland dot co dot uk