[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Cavanaugh" <dcavanaugh at thewebpros dot net>
 To:  "Richard Parvass" <Richard dot Parvass at aaland dot co dot uk>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Accessing internal hosts via external IP
 Date:  Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:40:39 -0500
Richard:

Yeah. I had read that FAQ entry; it is what prompted me to ask the
question the way I did. I still maintain the FAQ for ipfilter is a bit
ambiguous-- only mentioning rdr. Perhaps there's another facility or
combination of facilities that could accomplish the same thing. For
instance, there's no *one* command that will accomplish this in
iptables. However, using a combination of two commands, viola!

The reason for my persistence is the fine line between "impossible" and
"not supported".

Apologies,

Dave