[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi at oav dot net>
 To:  "Robert Staph" <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Not seeing the 5.3 slowdowns
 Date:  Fri, 1 Apr 2005 19:07:16 +0200
> I was trying a few LAN<->DMZ transfers and I do have firewall rules
> between
> but no NAT.  I was getting 45Mbps and CPU load of 45% with 1.2b7
> (through a
> 100Mbps hub connection).  Generic-PC P3-500, 64MB, nothing special.
>
> with 1.2b3 I was getting 44Mbps with a CPU load of 43%.
>
> What gives?  Is the issue just when going through the WAN?  could it
> be a
> product of NAT?

The most interressing thing is how WAN is handled ?

FYI I use Wrap with simple DHCP and I see no slowdown at all.

Even on my test box at work (PIII 500 / 128Mo ram / quad dc ethernet),
I can get easyly 60Mbps....

The only common thing is : I use dhcp or static ip on WAN...

Maybe others that see such problem are when pppoe / pptp / pp<whatever>
is used ?

/Xavier
--
Xavier Beaudouin - Unix System Administrator & Projects Leader.
President of Kazar Organization : http://www.kazar.net/