[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dennis Yu <weiyu99 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Help, I got really slow download speed with m0n0wall over a 4mbit cable modem connection
 Date:  Fri, 1 Apr 2005 09:11:51 -0800
Hi,

My computer when connected directly to the cable modem can have a
download speed of 350KB/s but when I put the m0n0wall between the
cable modem and the PC the best download speed I can get is only
30~40KB/s.  With traffic shaper turn on or off doesn't seem to change
anything.

I'm using m0n0wall generic-pc cdrom version 1.2b7 with following configuration:

Celeron 1.2GHz
256MB SDRAM
40X CDR
3 1/2 Floppy
2 pci Nic (one is intel for wan and ther other is dlink or something for lan)

have some port forwarding turn on for remote desktop access on the pc
behind m0n0wall.

I don't think 40KB/s is the best m0n0wall can do.  There's gotta be
something I didn't setup correctly.

Regards,
Dennis