[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Dennis Yu <weiyu99 at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  Claude Morin <klodefactor at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help, I got really slow download speed with m0n0wall over a 4mbit cable modem connection
 Date:  Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:51:36 -0500
While the simple fact that m0n0wall (or any router/firewall) will have
some measuearble degree of latency, your problem isn't the firewall
rules. The latency is so minmal, you shouldn't notice it.

As for using m0n0wall without rules...you would be wide open for
attacks. But if this is what you want, just create a rule for the WAN
interface that allows all inbound traffic.

I would suspect that the issue is probably more due to an incurrect
configuration. Why don't you post your congi.xml file, being careful
to hide anything you don't want anyone to see.

- Don