[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Matt Juszczak" <matt at atopia dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problem(s) with 1.2b7
 Date:  Fri, 1 Apr 2005 17:18:47 -0500 (EST)
We at Stockton College have seem to have found two issues with 1.2b7.

First, it seems that no matter what you do, as long as radius itself is
enabled (not radius accounting), the logout box still pops up.  We took it
manually out of the configuration and uploaded it, and then the box was no
longer checked, but the second I made a different captive portal change,
the box got checked again automatically.  This is annoying :) hehe.

Second, and most importantly, our upgrade to 1.2b7 doesn't want to work
with radius and the captive portal.  The captive portal login screen
loads, and we can login incorrectly.  The incorrect login is displayed and
written to the captive portal log file.  But when we login successfully,
the radius server authenticates successfully (returns OK in the radius.log
file on our radius server), but the login just hangs... and the page
eventually times out.  It never loads our starter page.  In the captive
portal log, the successful login isn't displayed, either!

We know this is an issue with radius because I tried the internal user
list and that works fine.  Sends me right through.  Also logs the
successful login to the portalauth.log file.

Any ideas for either of these?

Thanks in advance,

Matt