[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NAT 1:1 problem
 Date:  Fri, 1 Apr 2005 20:59:54 -0500
<eleazar dot martinez at technosoft dot com> wrote:

> Yes, 2.10 can get out to the internet. 2.10's gateway is 192.168.2.1.
> I can't see anything useful in my logs. I have a ton of rules and all have
> logging enabled... I'll disable the logging on all "allow" rules and see if
> something useful comes up.

Are you really 1:1'ing to a private IP on the WAN side?  If that's
just for the sake of obfuscation, go to www.whatismyip.com and see if
it's showing the right IP.  If you are translating to another private
IP, that won't work but you can put a sniffer on the WAN side to see
if it is indeed being translated.

> 1 question... To use Nat 1:1 on the ips on the opt1 subnet do I have to
> enable advanced outbound nat and only add the lan subnet to it?

No.

Snippets (or all) of your config.xml from status.php would probably be helpful.

-Chris