[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Ed Lentz <elentz at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Can't seem to get PPTP to work
 Date:  Sat, 2 Apr 2005 10:57:57 -0500
> But, I can't seem to list or use a shared folder.

from the webpage http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/pptp-notes.html

at the very bottom.
Network Neighborhood in Windows does not work over PPTP connections
because broadcasts are not forwarded across the PPTP connection.

I had trouble with this as well. I may be ignorant, but I don't see
the point of creating a pptp tunnel to the router if you can't browse
to a network share. Matbe I'm missing something

I was able to get pptp to the m0n0wall server.
Then by modifying the hosts file in the remote workstation for a given
resource...ie LAN webserver, add this to the remote hosts file. Next
time you log into m0n0wall, the remote workstation will be able to get
www access to the LAN webserver.

After not being able to make m0n0wall pptp server functional for me
(again, I could be missing something) I enabled the redirect to an
internal MS server which was already configured for remote access and
tied in with our internal DHCP, WINS, DNS.

Now by redirecting pptp to a LAN sever, we autheniticate with MS
Active Directory and have complete access to LAN resources, as made
available from MS group policies.

- Don