[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Dale <mdale at dalegroup dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  More problems with FreeBSD 5.3
 Date:  Sun, 03 Apr 2005 14:55:17 +1000
I am running on a 100mbit HUB (not switch) and when I copy large amounts
of data between computers (not to or from the m0n0wall box) the network
card in the m0n0wall box locks up. About 15seconds later it starts
working again and then it dies. This keeps happening while I am copying
files.

The error logs show this:
kernel: dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state

So anyway I changed the network card to a realtek one and the problem
has gone away.

I did some research and it is meant to be  a problem on some network
cards under freebsd 5.

Just letting people know.

--
Michael Dale