[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mat Johns <mbj202 at ecs dot soton dot ac dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, mdale at dalegroup dot net
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall completely died on me
 Date:  Sun, 03 Apr 2005 18:12:30 +0100
Michael Dale wrote:

> I've been using m0n0wall 1.2b7 for a few weeks.
>
> I setup captive portal for a single user, which worked fine.
>
> A few days later I decided to setup a guest account. After I added the
> user the system completely died.
>
> When ever I went to the webadmin I got the following error:
> XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 460
>
> I restarted the system and nothing worked. I couldn't even ping the
> system. So I did a reset of the configuration locally on the system
> and re setup the configuration.
>
> So the system is running again, I didn't need to reinstall m0n0wall.
> Just reset the configuration.
>
> Any ideas what happened?

Ive had this problem as well a few times, its nothing major and not a
hardware prob, this is how i get around it...

1) goto exec.php and download the config.xml (/conf/config.xml)
2) open it up and goto the faulty line, you'll find some minor xml
formatting prob and fix it.
4) umount the config partition (umount /cf)
5) remount read write enabled (mount -rw /dev/ad0a /cf)
6) mv the new config over the old one (mv /tmp/config.xml /conf/config.xml)
7) remount config partition read only (mount -r /cf)
8) retry the normal interface.

The trouble is because you rebooted it cant parse the xml to perform
initial setup, you've either got manually override the file from another
machine (cf adaptor etc) or wipe and start again :P

~Mat