[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sancho2k.net Lists" <lists at sancho2k dot net>
 To:  Adam Emery <subscribe at aehome dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature request
 Date:  Sun, 03 Apr 2005 19:52:45 -0600
Adam Emery wrote:
> Don't take this the wrong way but why would you want to do this?  To me this
> would be like changing a telnet or ssh port for security but having the box
> accept it anyway.

I think you're misunderstanding (or else I am.) It seems they want to
redirect connections to the web interface that would go to port 80
(cleartext) to port 443 (https). A 403 style redirect. Not just have it
listen on a different port.

It is a sound idea, that way you can enforce admin access over SSL.

DS