[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  ryan <ryanag at zoominternet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  "Curt Maughs" <maughc at hotmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Host list feature request
 Date:  Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:34:30 -0500
I would find that insanely useful.

There are all sorts of ways scumware can get around hosts file modifications,
but almost no one seems to employ any sort of countermeasures so it is fairly
effective.....

Hosts file modifications are great way to block spyware, I'm not sure what the
processor hit this is though. I doubt its too much as I've done it on p1's
before without a performance hit.