[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Eleazar_Mart=EDnez?= <eleazar dot martinez at technosoft dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] NAT 1:1 problem
 Date:  Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:26:23 -0500

It is not for obfuscation. My m0n0wall is just one step before the actual
internet gateway. The internet gateway (and vpn router) will only listen to
m0n0wall and a couple other devices on the I need to make
the internet gateway communicate correctly with the 1:1 addresses.

Apparently packets are bieng NAT'ed correctly with the 1:1 entries I have in
my m0n0wall but the gateway doesn't seem to like it. When the packets go
through a 1:1 do their mac address get rewritten by m0n0wall? Is that what
happens with regular routing? Maybe that's why the gateway can't communicate
correclty with those ips.