[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mr. listman" <savethelist at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Host list feature request
 Date:  Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:35:35 +0200
According to me, the directives of the creator of m0n0wall, has been clearly
stated that m0n0wall, wants to be basically a firewall, and do activities
base on a Firewall, and not an e-mail server, spamfighter etc...

What i would advise, is installing redwall-firewall or clarck connect of
which u can use as a stand-alone server, and have your users using
transperant proxy,
Clearkconnect has all these added features,
SpamFighter, Popup Blocker, SpyWare blocker, u namer it.

We do would like to have all of these nice tools on one dedicated pc, but
the creator of m0n0wall, made it clearly the direction of m0n0wall, so many
other features just won't be added, or maybe u can take a look at pfsense..

If u search the threads, u would find a thread on using the host file, as
somekind  of blocker, but if my memory serves me correct, it took some extra
time to load, cause slower reboots, and if i'm on the right track, i think
it did cause some extra cpu burden, depending on the size of the host file

over and out

Talk with your online friends with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.nl/