[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  =?iso-8859-15?Q?Holger_G=F6tz?= <holgerg at hgsys dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  "Deny unknown clients" setting ignored....
 Date:  Mon, 04 Apr 2005 18:06:46 +0200

could somebody confirm that the "deny unknown clients" setting is
ignored/not honored.

I've got LAN & OPT1 on the same physical ethernet.

Connect to OPT1 is a wireless accesspoint unsing dhcp. Tt's mac address is
the only one in the dhcp serv's list for OPT1 it get's as defined the from teh net. This is working.

I've got dhcp enabled on LAN as well (net In the know
clients list are the two mac adresses. For Computer1 and Computer2.
"Deny unknown clients" is enable for OPT1-dhcp, and disabled for LAN-dhcp.

I'd expect the only address in the net to be the for
the wirless-accesspoint.

But Computer2 gets a address from the OPT1 interface - despite
the fact that "deny unknow clients" is checked.

Anybody any ideas here? Is this know, or dose the "deny unknow clients"
switch not work for separate Interfaces?

Many thanks,