[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Jesse D. Guardiani" <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: wierd static route problem
 Date:  Mon, 4 Apr 2005 11:08:42 -0500
On Apr 4, 2005 12:12 AM, Jesse D. Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net> wrote:

> > I don't know why you say that. I can ping 90.3 from the firewall,
> > and, like I said, if I add a static route for 90.3=gw89.52 on another
> > host then I can access anything at 90.3 perfectly fine.

Sorry, I misread your previous post.  You're right.

> I've been doing some tcpdumps, and it looks to me like 89.1
> (the m0n0wall) isn't routing, but I'm not particularly skilled
> at this sort of thing. Do you agree, based on the below
> traceroute output (taken from the perspective of 89.52.
> trevarthan-wlan.guardiani.us is the remote host I've been
> testing from - my laptop):

Looks like there might be a couple things going on here.  Might be
interrelated.

First, looks like the Asterisk box is sending back ICMP unreachables
for the UDP port the laptop is trying to hit?

Second, the "time exceeded" messages indicate the TTL expired, so a
routing loop perhaps?  That same message is typical with traceroute,
if you happened to be using it at the time.

What subnet is the laptop on?  What kind of traffic are you generating?

-Chris