 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Feature request
 Date:  Mon, 04 Apr 2005 20:27:34 +0200
On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 04:27, Adam Emery wrote:
> i was using the telnet/ssh thing as an example.

Not not a good one in my view.

> I don't understand why you
> would want to do that.  Its sort of like webmin with ssl giving you a This
> web server is running in SSL mode. Try the URL https://192.168.1.150:65530/
> instead when you go to http instead of https.

Also a solution, but instead of sohwing that page, I'd just like to be
forwarded directly to the https page.

> I personally feel it is
> better to lock everything down.  Again, that is just a personal thing.

Well, in principle I agree, but I could be make realy simple - just trow
"Location: https://$IP:$HTTPS_PORT" after anybody connecting to port 80.

I would say it could be done fairly simple and secure, if the input from
the browser doesn't need to bee parsed at all.

--
Henning Wangerin <post plus 050127 at henning dot wangerin dot dk>