[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Donald Jones <donaldjones at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Traffic Shaper and VOIP
 Date:  Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:40:19 -0500
First off, I have to say EXCELLENT product. I ditched my wrt54g for this
product.
 Here's my situation. I currently use a company called Broadvoice for VOIP.
It works will with m0n0wall but I have problems with people hearing me on
the other end when I'm sending a large email attachment or uploading a file
via FTP. I'd like to take advantage of the Traffic Shaper but I'm a bit
lost. I've run through the wizard and tried adding in rules to prioritize
the traffic from my Sipura adapter but haven't had any luck or improvement
of the upload and people hearing me on the other end.

My question is does anyone out there have a how-to or simple step by step
instruction on accomplishing this? I've searched the archived posts and also
Google but am still having trouble with this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DJ