[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Eleazar_Mart=EDnez?= <eleazar dot martinez at technosoft dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] NAT 1:1 problem
 Date:  Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:02:57 -0500
Thank you all for your answers.
I think I finally figured out what's happening but don't know if it can be
considered a bug... I think it isn't a bug but I'm not sure.

This is what is happening.

LAN network is 192.168.0.0/24
WAN network is 192.168.1.0/24
OPT1 network 192.168.2.0/24

Opt1 needs to talk to a VPN using the same gateway that WAN is using. The
VPN network is 192.168.0.0/24 (same as LAN for m0n0wall). No matter what I
do m0n0wall routes all 192.168.0.0/24 traffic to the LAN interface
regardless of any static route I try to setup to make any/all packets from
the OPT1 interface to be sent on WAN using its gateway. The logs in m0n0wall
always show all packets from OPT1 going to 192.168.0.0/24 as sent using LAN
and, I guess, without the 1:1 or any other nat I try to setup.

I don't know if there's a way around it to really force all packets from
OPT1 to be sent using the WAN instead of the LAN. If there's anyway to do it
I'd like to know it even if its using a hack or something unsupported. If
there isn't I'll have to change all my LAN to use a different network... I
want to avoid that because all the LAN uses static addresses and updating
the printers addresses on all computers isn't going to be fun.

Regards,