[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  ryan <ryanag at zoominternet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk" <A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Host list feature request
 Date:  Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:13:05 -0500
I suspect, although I don't know for sure, but I believe it would work very
like it does on a workstation.

Drop the hosts file in the right location under /etc and reboot.

from:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/133621fb-2d7c-4b4e-ba6f-f0e275a74fa4.mspx
"Hosts files are supported as a local static file method of mapping DNS domain
is started, it preloads any mapped entries added to this file into the local
DNS names caches."