[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joop Martens <joop at c3d dash vr dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Remove bootloader btx
 Date:  Tue, 05 Apr 2005 00:50:20 +0200
Hello,

I'm trying to run monowall on a fujitsu siemens B210 thin client.
This is really an via C3 machine. It comes with a Insyde bios which is
proberly my problem because after i write de generic_pc image to my
flashcard and reboot, i get some crappy info and BTX halted.

After some googling i found out that i proberly have an buggy bios but
because this is really a thin client i don't expect bios updates here.
(After a check i found out that are are no updates so far).

I also found that it is possible to load Freebsd without a bootloader.

Can anybody tell me how i remove de bootloader from my cf card and boot
monowall directly?
Or if this isn't possible maybe there's another way to boot monowall
without BTX?

PS. Original the B210 is running e-lux an thin client linux distribution
with also boot's without a bootloader for so far i can see.

Many thankx in advance.

And maybe soon we can add the fujitsu siemens B210 to the supported
hardware list :-)

Joop Martens.
The Netherlands.