[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Toni" <FreeBSD at dragonlance dash comm dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RFC 2136 & Windows 2000 DNS Services
 Date:  Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:08:22 +0200 (CEST)
> I'm not sure if this is even possible, but Microsoft claims Windows 2000
> DNS is capable of Dynamic updates compliant with RFC 2136.  Does anyone
> know how to extract the HMAC Keys M0n0wall is looking for to do the
> Dynamic update?

Hi Jason,
I don't think it would the best choice for m0n0Wall machine. Anyway you
can do it in unx via ISC-DHCPD 3.x and named 9.x. This will require that
the dhcp send some updates to the DNS machine. It will imply some
configuration of dhcpd.conf and named.conf file. It will also require some
more space on memory FS. I think that can be done w/ m0noWall but will not
be the best platform to do!