[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Siegenthaler" <thosi at thosi dot ch>
 To:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?'Odd_K=E5re_Qvam_Tr=F8en'?= <oddkt at tihlde dot org>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] m0n0 & PPTP VPN impossible...
 Date:  Tue, 5 Apr 2005 18:39:08 +0200
Hi Odd

I'm having the same problem. I have three Computers in my LAN. Two are
running Win2k and one is running WinXP.
Now, I can connect to a PPTP server in the internet from one of my three PCs
in my LAN. As soon as I established a connection, the other two pcs are not
able to connect to ANY PPTP SERVER trough the internet. But this pc, which I
used to establish the first connection (since m0n0wall started) can still
connect to any other server.

After I reset the NAT State Table, I can connect from another PC to the PPTP
server. But after this connect, the same problem occurs as before.

@Manuel: is there a bug in your fw/nat implementation ?

Greetz
Thomas

An: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Betreff: [m0n0wall] m0n0 & PPTP VPN impossible...

Hello,

I've been running m0n0wall 1.11 flawlessly for months now. Great fw and
superb throughput.

First question:
I have one problem with m0n0wall 1.11, and that is that I have problems
connecting to a Draytek FW/VPN PPTP. (Vigor 2600 & 2900) The connection just
times out while authenticating. I have tested this with ZyWall 10 I also
have on my network, and there the VPN tunnel works without a problem.

Like this:
----------
PC-192.168.x.x > -- m0n0 -- internet > -- Draytek FW/VPN PPTP.
Not working.

PC-192.168.x.x > -- Zywall 10 -- internet > -- Draytek FW/VPN PPTP.
Works like a charm.

Second question:
I'm running the generic pc image of m0n0wall with a hard disk.
Is that hard disk spinning 24/7, or does the m0n0 image stop the spinning?

--

Odd K.
Norway