[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeroen Geusebroek <j dot geusebroek at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPSEC & Multiple subnets (again)
 Date:  Tue, 5 Apr 2005 21:18:42 +0200
Again i would like to raise the question about routing multiple subnets over
a single IPSEC tunnel.

Site A:

Cisco PIX
Routes for:

192.168.1.0/24 <http://192.168.1.0/24>
192.168.2.0/24 <http://192.168.2.0/24>
192.168.3.0/24 <http://192.168.3.0/24>

default gateway of all these subnets go through the Cisco PIX.

Site B:

m0n0wall
Routes for:

10.1.1.0/24 <http://10.1.1.0/24>
10.1.2.0/24 <http://10.1.2.0/24>

default gateway of all these subnets go through the m0n0wall.

Now, for my question; is it possible to route all traffic for each subnet
using
a single tunnel between these 2 sites? (10.1.1.0/24 <http://10.1.1.0/24> <>
192.168.1.0 <http://192.168.1.0>, 10.1.1.0/24 <http://10.1.1.0/24>
<> 192.168.2.0 <http://192.168.2.0> etc etc)

One would think it would be possble to establish a tunnel and then use
static
routes on both sides. I've tried this, and AFAIK it does not work. The
traffic never
gets to the other side.

With a Cisco <> Cisco i know this is possible just by adding subnets to the
"match"
address.

---
Jeroen