[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Richard Harding <rick at ricksweb dot info>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  trouble with HD install
 Date:  Tue, 05 Apr 2005 16:56:47 -0400
I am trying to install on an old PC. I was attempting to use the DSL
install approach. I have DSL working, downloaded the 1.11 generic image.
I then used the gunzip fed to dd. There were no errors and running fdisk
-l showed a FreeBSD paritition on /dev/hda4.

Upon reboot I just get a "read error". I have tried downloading from
several sources and downloaded using both web browsers and wget from
command line. Does anyone have any idea what I am missing here? Is there
another step that needs to be made to get it to boot properly? Why does
dd create a /dev/hda4?

Thanks for any help.

Rick