[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claude Morin <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 To:  Richard Harding <rick at ricksweb dot info>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] trouble with HD install
 Date:  Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:41:01 -0400
Hi Rick,

You're right about phydiskwrite.

Any idea whether the "read error" message is from your BIOS? Are you able to
boot anything else on the old PC, i.e. some other OS on the same HD? Another
quick test is to install the imaged m0n0wall HD as the sole HD in some other
box -- such as your old linux server -- and see whether it boots there.

BTW, dd creates /dev/hda4 because that's the partition structure Manuel
chose :-)

-klode