[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Richard Harding <rick at ricksweb dot info>
 To:  Richard Harding <rick at ricksweb dot info>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] trouble with HD install
 Date:  Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:28:12 -0400
Richard Harding wrote:

> I am trying to install on an old PC. I was attempting to use the DSL
> install approach. I have DSL working, downloaded the 1.11 generic
> image. I then used the gunzip fed to dd. There were no errors and
> running fdisk -l showed a FreeBSD paritition on /dev/hda4.
>
> Upon reboot I just get a "read error". I have tried downloading from
> several sources and downloaded using both web browsers and wget from
> command line. Does anyone have any idea what I am missing here? Is
> there another step that needs to be made to get it to boot properly?
> Why does dd create a /dev/hda4?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Rick

Ok, I got it to work by using this link:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=117&actionargs[]=23

If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it as the system can
not recover from a power outage in this way.

My other question is if there is a way to support no-ip.com dynamic DNS.
I don't see it as an option and of course I just went and purchased a
domain there with them and one year's service. :-)

Thanks for the help.

Rick