[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claude Morin <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 To:  sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] network neighborhood ???
 Date:  Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:13:18 -0400
m0n0wall doesn't participate in SMB networking (i.e. MS file & printer
sharing). To confirm, go to the exec.php page and enter netstat -an. My
v1.2b7 unit shows only these TCP LISTEN lines:
tcp6 0 0 *.53 *.* LISTEN
tcp4 0 0 *.53 *.* LISTEN
tcp4 0 0 *.443 *.* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 *.443 *.* LISTEN

So it's listening for DNS and HTTPS only. For SMB, it would have to listen
on some combination of ports 137, 138, 139, 445.

-klode