[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claude Morin <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 To:  Richard Harding <rick at ricksweb dot info>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] trouble with HD install
 Date:  Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:35:23 -0400
I tried the latest version of Smart Boot Manager (v3.7.1) in a VMware
virtual machine and found that SBM can set the default boot choice. If you
installed SBM on the hard drive's first track, it's simple to set it to boot
by default from /dev/hda4. Just select that partition, press <F8> and save
your changes.

BTW, setting the default boot option can be done for floppy-booted SBM too,
but then you lose the ability to have a config floppy in the drive :-)

Claude