[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Raylund Lai <raylund dot lai at kankanwoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] trouble with HD install
 Date:  Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:35:42 -0400
If you can manage to make "tomsrtbt" bootable floppy disk, here is my
installation of m0n0wall to HD.

   1. Use tomsrtbt bootable floppy to boot the system.
      (http://www.toms.net/rb/)
   2. At the "boot:" prompt, type "bz2bzImage ramdisk_size=10000"
      without the quotations.
   3. login as root with password xxxx.
   4. mknod -m 0660 /dev/cdrom b 22 0 (assumed cdrom is on hdc, use ls
      -l /dev to see the parameters).
   5. mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /cdrom
   6. cd to the folder on the CD that contents m0n0wall image.
   7. gunzip -c generic-pc-1.11.img | dd of=/dev/hda bs=16k
   8. reboot.
   9. setup m0n0wall as usual.

Cheers
Raylund