[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim <jwells at networksisp dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Passive Mode FTP
 Date:  Wed, 06 Apr 2005 23:54:29 -0400
I have a Redhat server running vsftpd behind 1:1 NAT
MAC / Linux users are reporting timeouts. I can reproduce
the problem. I can connect with no problems but when I attempt dir
then 70 seconds later I get a directory list. The next dir command is
very fast. Only the initial one is slow. I have tried several changes
to vsftpd.conf with no changes still 70 sec. The log files shows high port
connections from the client to the server and from the server to
the client. Microsoft FTP clients have no problems at all since they
use active FTP.

Any idea what is causing the slow down ?

I did not have this problem with my previous firewall. It only started
after I deployed Monowall. I am running 1.11 since this is a production
system.
All other servers and services are working very well.

Thanks

Jim