 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] using http file server in lan with m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:50:19 +0200
On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 15:36, My List Mail wrote:
> im using m0n0wall for internet sharing in my dsl
>
> i have a static ip address given by my isp.
>
> public static ip: 203.190.x.x
> m0n0wall ip: 192.168.1.1
> dhcp range: 192.168.1. 2 - 192.168.1.50
>
> windows pc (192.168.1.3) with file server installed
> i can access the file server  inside lan by typing
> http://192.168.1.3:1400 in browser
>
> but when i type http://203.190.x.x:1400
> its not accessible.
>
> how can i make it accessible outside lan?

Natted services are not accessible via the public IP. That's why it's
not working.

Try to connect from a location outside your LAN (you can send me your
IP, and I'll try to connect ;-) )

As it's a http-service you could try using w3c.org's validator to fetch
the page from outside your lan, or some of alle the public
anonymizer-services