[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] System Log error Messages - Asking for some Help
 Date:  Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:29:15 -0400
> > -->>[1.] I am assuming FreeBSD is unable to assign a resource for a
> > particular piece of hardware...like the on-board audio.
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-March/080615.html

I guess I can live with this. I did notice one of the <PNP> message
went away after I removed the KVM cable and ran headless. Off hand I
will have to bring up the status.php to see what the remaining msg's
are.

> > with respect to "FAILURE - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE" and the
> > <PNP0303> and <PNP0501> errors.
> >

> This is normal for CF cards.

By normal meaning "it is known" and can be ignored ???

> > -->>[3.] What I found on the net seemed to indicate a problem with the
> > (dc) driver for Netgear FA310tx cards. I may have to change cards ??
> >

> What I'm finding on this suggests possibly an autonegotiation problem.
>  Is it causing problems?

Yes, I am seeing a reduction download performance. Not quite dialup,
but rather a fraction of the speed  as compared to using v 1.11. Other
than performance, I can still connect to the world.

I'll try a pair of D-Link DFE-530Tx+ cards to see if it make a
difference and report back.

Thanks,

- Don