[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo dash route dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Maximum number of interfaces
 Date:  Thu, 7 Apr 2005 20:38:17 +0100
Ugo,

>       I'm considering using m0n0wall, but I was wondering how many
>interfaces it could manage.  I went through the FAQ, and browsed
>through the list.  I know that I can assign new interfaces using whe
>web interface, but is there a finite number of interfaces possible?
>
>       I was looking at something around 4-5 interfaces... One WAN, one
>LAN, one DMZ, one for my Wireless AP, and one for eventual use...
>
>       I was looking for the   net4801-50 Board and Case + lan1621
>board from soekris.  Anyone having tested a similar config?
I currently have a Compaq SFF machine with one onboard NIC and two
Compaq dual port NICs although only actively using three ports but have
all five configured.  I'm going to move to a switch with VLANs (when I
get around to installing it in the loft !!!  This should simplify both
cabling and monitoring of any NIC as I can configure a spanned port if
required.

HTH,

                                Neil.

--
Neil A. Hillard                E-Mail:   neil at dana dot org dot uk
                               Web:      http://www.dana.org.uk/