[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] System Log error Messages - Asking for some Help
 Date:  Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:39:43 -0400
On Apr 7, 2005 2:29 PM, Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > > -->>[1.] I am assuming FreeBSD is unable to assign a resource for a
> > > particular piece of hardware...like the on-board audio.
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-March/080615.html
> >

> I guess I can live with this. I did notice one of the <PNP> message
> went away after I removed the KVM cable and ran headless. Off hand I
> will have to bring up the status.php to see what the remaining msg's
> are.

It's nothing more than log clutter, from what I could tell.  Nothing
to be concerned about.

> > This is normal for CF cards.
> >

> By normal meaning "it is known" and can be ignored ???

Yes.

> > What I'm finding on this suggests possibly an autonegotiation problem.
> >  Is it causing problems?
> >

> Yes, I am seeing a reduction download performance. Not quite dialup,
> but rather a fraction of the speed  as compared to using v 1.11. Other
> than performance, I can still connect to the world.

Sounds very typical of a speed/duplex mismatch.  Change the <media>
and <mediaopt> to match what you want them to be set at, described
here.  http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-hiddenopts.html

I think changing the NIC's at this point is premature.

-Chris