[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Raphael Maunier <raphael at maunier dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  Maarten Poell <maarten dot poell at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hardware Nexcom NSA 1030I-1, will it run?
 Date:  Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:25:25 +0200
Maarten Poell wrote:

>I see I'm talking to a pro :-)

puff :)

>Can you be more specific on your hardware?

http://linitx.com/product_info.php?cPath=14_46&products_id=127
VIA 533 MHz cpu - No Fan!

    * Onboard Compact Flash adaptor
    * Onboard DiskOnChip socket
    * 3 10/100 Realtek 8139 LAN Ports

>Motherboard, Processor, which nic's how many, cf slot and case?

see above

>Do you also have any performance benchmarks?

Not at the moment. Currenlty I'm using a cisco 3620 (with ipsec) for
gateway. Monowall is currently in use for remote admin on another hosted
server. I will probably use it @home for the wireless zone.

>I will be using m0n0wall for routing 2 different subnet's of public ip
>adresses with firewall function.
>For peak performance I will be needing 100 Mbs.
>
>Oops another question came up:
>
>What should I use for routing and firewalling 2 different public
>subnet's behind the router?
>From the documentation I understand to disable NAT and you have only a router?
>Do I need to assign then 2 public ip's one for the WAN port and one
>for the LAN port?
>What is the Proxy ARP function in this setup?

Are the subnet from the same Operator ?
Do you want to have redundancy or only activate 2 DMZ ? or add public IP
address on you lan ?
May be One1one Nat can help you ?

>http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-no-nat.html
>http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-ipalias.html