[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Guhl <pgnews at siconline dot ch>
 To:  M0n0wall Liste <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: DHCP-Scopes - using VLAN?
 Date:  Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:47:34 +0200
On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 15:37, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Peter Guhl wrote:
> > I have to distribute DHCP-Adresses to 2 different subnets. One directly
> > attached to the LAN-Interface and one routed through a router at the
> > other end of this LAN. How can I accomplish this? I heard about VLANs
> > used to add another DHCP-scope; is this the right
>
> Usually, you'd need a "dhcp relay" to make broadcast DHCP packets make
> it through the router.

Yep - but that's the job at the router. This one is probably already set
up correctly because the m0n0wall only replaces an old FreeBSD-Box doing
all this before. My problem is that behind the routers there is another
net but m0n0wall has to be the only DHCP-Server:

WAN <--> m0n0wall <--> x.x.1.0/23 <--> router <---> router <-->
x.x.2.0/23

The old FreeBSD-Box managed this using isc-dhcpd - the same software
m0n0wall is using.

Regards
    Peter