[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  William Arlofski <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  "Roger E. Rustad, Jr." <scubacuda at iname dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] virus scanning smtp/pop/http traffic
 Date:  Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:29:35 -0400
Roger E. Rustad, Jr. wrote:
> I'm planning on putting one of these in a cybercafe and have it scan all
> http and pop/smtp for nasties (worms, trojans, virii, evil html, etc).
> Instead of vectoring off port 80/25/110 to another proxy, I'd like for
> it all to be performed on that one.
>
> What is the best way to do that?  Perhaps one of these 3rd party ClamAV
> programs?
>
> http://www.clamav.net/3rdparty.html#pagestart
> http://www.clamav.net/3rdparty.html#pop3
> http://www.clamav.net/3rdparty.html#proxy
>
> Any suggestions and links to HOWTO guides would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Roger

Check into Dans Guardian. http://dansguardian.org  It might not be free
in your 'commercial' situation though. There is a clamav (or I suppose
ANY number of av products can be plugged in) to scan http traffic.

This will surely be one piece of the anti-spam, anti-av puzzle you are
putting together.

Too bad you could not use Linux, or FreeBSD, or MACS in your cafe as you
could then side step the whole AV part of the project.

Hope this helps.

-
Bill Arlofski
waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com