[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Boris Rudoy" <boris at rudoy dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] setup ip alias
 Date:  Sat, 9 Apr 2005 02:02:58 -0400
>> I have hardware device in the local network witch communicate with
>> external
>> server (looks like by public IP address)
>> I want to "reroute" this communication to my server.
>> For example device request connection with address 66.58.12.12,  but
>> instead
>> of this will be connected to 192.168.1.2
>> In case of  using domain name I can setup DNS forwarder. Any idea how to
>> setup m0n0 in case of using IP ?
>>

> Use 1:1 NAT between that public IP and private IP, and put rules on
> the WAN allowing the traffic you need inbound (if any) to destination
> of the private IP.
>
> -Chris

Did  it 15 min ago. Created 1:1 NAT with external ip 66.58.12.12/32 and
internal 192.168.1.2 on WAN interfaice
Save result - trying to navigate browser to http://66.58.12.12  (I use
browser on computer with ip 192.168.1.3  and expect to see website on
http://192.168.1.2)
No luck.
Read documentation. Just in case create new rule on the WAN interfaice allow
any external connection reach 192.168.1.2 . Save result . No luck again.
Did I miss something?