[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Boris Rudoy" <boris at rudoy dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] setup ip alias
 Date:  Sat, 9 Apr 2005 02:02:58 -0400
>> I have hardware device in the local network witch communicate with
>> external
>> server (looks like by public IP address)
>> I want to "reroute" this communication to my server.
>> For example device request connection with address,  but
>> instead
>> of this will be connected to
>> In case of  using domain name I can setup DNS forwarder. Any idea how to
>> setup m0n0 in case of using IP ?
> Use 1:1 NAT between that public IP and private IP, and put rules on
> the WAN allowing the traffic you need inbound (if any) to destination
> of the private IP.
> -Chris

Did  it 15 min ago. Created 1:1 NAT with external ip and
internal on WAN interfaice
Save result - trying to navigate browser to  (I use
browser on computer with ip  and expect to see website on
No luck.
Read documentation. Just in case create new rule on the WAN interfaice allow
any external connection reach . Save result . No luck again.
Did I miss something?