[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "Thomas Siegenthaler" <thosi at thosi dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] PPTP issue (again)
 Date:  Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:12:25 +0200
there only should be a problem, when more than one pc behind nat tries to connect to the SAME
pptp-server in the internet. this is because the gre-protocol can't be devided to the different
clients without looking into the packets content and deciding where to redirect the traffic by the
included session ids. however, it should be able to connect to different server in the internet as
the decision can be made because of the source ip the packets return. this usually works. at my
office we do a lot of remoteadministration and unless not more than 1 client wants to connect to the
same server it works great.
which version are you running? latest version I tried was 1.2b3 though.

you can look here to undesrtand the problems with the greprotocol behind nat:
http://www.placid.tv/index.php?option=com_content
<http://www.placid.tv/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=43>
&task=view&id=16&Itemid=43

Regards,