[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Boris Rudoy" <boris at rudoy dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] setup ip alias
 Date:  Sat, 9 Apr 2005 17:03:19 -0400

>> Did  it 15 min ago. Created 1:1 NAT with external ip 66.58.12.12/32 and
>> internal 192.168.1.2 on WAN interfaice
>> Save result - trying to navigate browser to http://66.58.12.12  (I use
>> browser on computer with ip 192.168.1.3  and expect to see website on
>> http://192.168.1.2)
>> No luck.
>> Read documentation. Just in case create new rule on the WAN interfaice
>> allow
>> any external connection reach 192.168.1.2 . Save result . No luck again.
>> Did I miss something?
>>

> This, at a minimum.  http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-lannat.html  You
> can't test by public IP on the inside of your network.

 It was an original question. One of my device in network trying to reach
public address, outside of my local network. When this device use domain
name call, I  can use DNS forwarder for redirect this call to one of my
internal server (with private IP).
But if call follow by public IP address I need some way to redirect it to
internal server.