[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Johan Dahlberg <jodahlberg at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall 1.2b7, 11g not working with atheros 5212
 Date:  Sun, 10 Apr 2005 01:09:35 +0200
Hi,
I'm using m0n0wall 1.2b7 on my Soekris net4801 with an Atheros 5212
(11b/11g) wlan card in hostap mode (it's used as an access point /
router). It's all working very nice except that pretty much nothing
works as soon as i enable 11g mode on the card, nothing is able to
associate with it, sometimes the whole box crashes and latency (ping,
etc) jumps from 0.3ms to about 2000ms.. However in 11b mode all works
really good.

Of course this is beta software I'm running, so one can't expect it to
work perfectly, but it would be nice to hear if anyone has done this
same thing with any success.

Maybe this is a well known problem, but i didn't find anything
relevant about it.

Cheers