[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Roman Kuznetsov" <rk at systola dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Server NAT does not work?
 Date:  Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:15:00 +0200
Hello,

we have an official static /27-subnet and are trying to "assign" more addresses
to the WAN interface by defining entries in Server NAT, as it is stated in the
docs.

Then we do Inbound NAT to map a port from that secondary IP address to some
internal machine. This does not work: the connections do not get established.

It does work, however, if we do the mapping through the promary WAN address.

What's wrong?

Thank you,
Roman.

PS. We do need more addresses on WAN as we need different machines to talk to
from outside using the same ports.