[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Roman Kuznetsov" <rk at systola dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Server NAT does not work?
 Date:  Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:18:21 +0200

> > we have an official static /27-subnet and are trying to "assign" more
> > addresses to the WAN interface by defining entries in Server NAT, as
> > it is stated in the docs.
> >
> > Then we do Inbound NAT to map a port from that secondary IP address to
> > some internal machine. This does not work: the connections do not get
> > established.
> >
> > It does work, however, if we do the mapping through the promary WAN
> > address.
> >
> > What's wrong?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Roman.
> >
> > PS. We do need more addresses on WAN as we need different machines to
> > talk to from outside using the same ports.
> It may be the ARP cache on your ISPs routers - some ISPs have
> unreasonably long TTLs on their ARP caches. If this is the
> case you will just have to wait for the cache to expire.
> Or you may also need to add the additional IPs to ARP Proxy (Services
> -> Proxy ARP).

Well, it says "you do not need Proxy ARP in most cases".
And I do not think it has to do with ARP at all:
I added an alias with ifconfig through /exec.php and it started working
But, of course, it will be gone after restart.
So something is not quite right there with that additional IPs on WAN.

Any ideas?