[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  H H <prylar at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] No traffic LAN -> Internet but Internet -> WAN?
 Date:  Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:44:12 -0400
On Apr 11, 2005 5:40 PM, H H <prylar at gmail dot com> wrote:

> After setting up all my interfaces (WAN, LAN & OPT1) using exactly the
> same NIC:s and settings as I use for my Smoothwall setup running on
> the same hardware I can't for the life of me manage to get a
> connection to the internet.
>
> All interfaces are up, I can ping all the interfaces from LAN. I can
> set rules to allow traffic from OPT1 to pass to LAN etc. All is
> working fine... except I cannot get through to my ISP:s gateway.

Can you ping your ISP's default gateway from the ping page under
Diagnostics on m0n0wall?

I'd also try what Quinten posted, if your ISP uses shoddy network
numbering where the WAN IP's gateway isn't within the WAN subnet, that
should resolve it.  You can try running 'route get default' first to
see if it comes back with anything, if not, that's your problem.

-Chris