[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  H H <prylar at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] No traffic LAN -> Internet but Internet -> WAN?
 Date:  Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:20:32 +0200
> > route delete default
> > route add default -interface -link dc0 (<- change dc0 into your wan ifc)
> And if you do that, how is it supposed to know what MAC address to use for
> the gateway, when it doesn't have a gateway IP to ARP?

Problem solved. I'd had a complete brain melt and put a netmask of /31
on my WAN instead of the correct /24. *Embarrassing*.

> > I'd also try what Quinten posted, if your ISP uses shoddy network

This was the comment (from Chris) that made the penny drop.

> It must have *some* default route if it's duplicating the SmoothWall
> config, though he doesn't say whether it's obtained statically or
> dynamically.

Static - but as I said, I'd failed to exactly duplicate my Smoothwall config.
I'll have another go tonight and expect FAR better results :-)

H H