[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Justin Smith <justin at justinsmith dot is dash a dash geek dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Odd Problems
 Date:  Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:28:42 -0400
After random periods of time I am no longer able to pull up web pages
based on their FQDN (Like I can't access http://m0n0.ch/wall) or
(www.apple.com) but I could use their IP addresses to reach these
sites.  What is odd is that I can still ping these sites and recover
their IPs so I know their names are resolving, but I still cannot
access them from any computer.  My only working resolution so far seems
to be powering down the generic PC I am using to run m0n0wall on (I
have the generic image on a hard drive in a 1.8Ghz celeron w/ 128MB of
DDR RAM) for 10-15 minutes and then restarting it.  After a restart it
will continue to work without problems until I can no longer browse
websites.  Has anyone seen this problem before or has it been resolve
elsewhere?
Thanks
Justin